Sunday, 1 June 2014


Haven't posted in while mainly cause I haven't had much to post about. Moving house and work took there toll on hobby time, however I haven't been totally absent from model making. Built a couple of space ships (TIE Interceptor and BSG Viper) took the plunge and got Bolt Action US starter kit and some Waffen SS. Failed to get any Warhammer 40k done, in my defense I'd been waiting for Mad Robots new stuff to arrive. I've decided just to crack on now with the Bolt Action stuff and Astra militaum / Guard. I'll be posting some pics up of all this eventually .....

Friday, 4 April 2014

An update of sorts

I've moved house and it is glorious! This weekend will be a productive trip to Gateshead to kit my cave Ikea style. First on the list is a decent desk, I'll post some before and after pics.

I also got the chaos itch after reading the half decent Crimson Slaughter supplement. I've cleaned up some of DV chosen models and put down a basic undercoat. The majority of my models are packed away untill my cave is done till then I'm just hounding Dakka for Astra silly name Imperial Guard rumors. 

Monday, 3 March 2014

Nothing to see here

And that's because due to severe weather earlier last month my beloved hobby has been shifted and stored away until I move sometime this month. Sad times. 

Sunday, 19 January 2014

All quiet on the hobby front

Yup bar some practice with the airbrush and a rapid fire purchase of new mad robot stuff I've actually done nothing towards my hobby the past week and a bit. In fairness I just bought my first house and was a usher at my future sister in laws wedding. And thus now my hobby plans for the year are in disarray! In all actually I'll just be slowing down the current guard project until I've moved in and setup shop, my new planned man cave will enable me to be far more productive and won't be half as a damp (my current cave is a converted garage that's got a massive damp and leak problem).

Monday, 13 January 2014

No Battle Plan Survives Contact

Well the wash was largely a bust putting me back to square one. I was relying on the wash to "tighten" the airbrushed base coats so that I can Drybrush the highlights whilst keeping the preshade green underneath. The result would be a quick, effective but simple method of painting the fatigues. All I gained was losing the built up layers and highlights. Bugger.

Instead of plodding along I turned my attention to my long neglected Flames of War. I base coated my British infantry, painted the flesh and began on the helmets before being called away. Not all bad but frustrating.

Sunday, 12 January 2014


I type this with the post Sunday dinner belly reflection, today I practiced airbrushing specifically mixing / thinning. I feel after a year of airbrushing I've made some but little progress. Today I inched ever forward. I leanrnt to control my airbrush a little better and how to properly prepare Taminya paints on the other hand I was left frustrated with the Vallejo model air not performing as intended.


This weeks goal is singular apply my new secret weapons wash (should arrive tomorrow) and apply first highlights to 20 guardsmen.

Thursday, 9 January 2014

Day 6

So my quest to paint / be productive for 7 consecutive days hit a snag, a long days at work + chores scuppered any desire to paint yesterday. Today I was going to try my new casting gear but a leaky man cave roof and cold weather dissuaded me, instead I headed inside to the warmth and painted the first stage of skin onto my guardsmen. No pics I'm afraid as the lighting was bad, all I've done is put several successive thin layers of Tallern Flesh the a couple of washes of Army Painter Mid/Sepia tone on. I suspect another wash or agrax will be needed but I'll see in the morning light! Tomorrow's goal is finish the armour base coating.